måndag 17 september 2012

Danny's 40th Birthday

We've had a great weekend celebrating my husband's 40th birthday.  FORTY... that is so far away for me, I can't even begin to imagine how he feels... ;) hahaha.

Danny is probably the most difficult person to shop for.  If there's something that he wants or something that he wants to do he gets it or does it, which doesn't make it easy for us when birthdays and holidays come along...  Thankfully the area around here is like made for him with a lot of outdoorsy activities.  I had been looking at zip-lining or zorbing ( rolling down a hill inside of a big bouncy ball!)  But finally decided on giving him a day of downhill mountain biking in our big ski resort Åre.

On Friday afternoon I asked Danny and the kids to get dressed and ready for a surprise adventure.  I drove them to the train station where they got a first note with tickets for a 1 1/2 hour train ride to Åre and a backpack filled with goodies.



My Mom and I jumped in the car and drove up to the ski resort and our friends' cabin where my Mom started preparing a nice dinner while I picked Danny and the kids up at the town plaza.  We ate a lovely dinner on Friday night, enjoyed a cozy evening and continued our adventures on Saturday morning...

After we got geared up at the bike store we took off for the mountain.




Of course I had been so focused on giving Danny a great experience, I wasn't even thinking about myself!  Riding straight down narrow paths full of rocks on steep hills was a bit out of my comfort zone!!!  Once I got a hang of it, however, it was totally AWESOME!  We found one path that became our favorite and Danny said he has never had so much fun on a bike before!
Here's a video from that path that I borrowed from Youtube:



Tired and euphoric we met up with the kids who had a great day with Mormor grilling hotdogs eating Saturday candy and playing around in the quaint village.




Happy 40th Birthday to my Love, my best Friend and my handsome Husband!


... a content man with helmet hair... ;)

5 kommentarer:

  1. Unfortunately 40 is not that far away for us either Erika ;)...but as far as I see it, we´re not older than we feel like or act like, right?/Anneli

    SvaraRadera
  2. haha - yes, well I guess you're right... ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. jag skulle kunna tänka mig att bo i Åre! var där i somras, fast vi tog kabinbanan både upp och ner ;)
    och 40, ja tiden går ruskigt fort... snart är man där! herregud! *s*

    SvaraRadera
  4. 40 that's just the beginning of life! congratulations and celebrations. With Love from Florida

    SvaraRadera
  5. Perfekt present! Härligt aktiv dag och du tjejen..... jag fyllde nyss 48 och tycker fortfarande inte jag ens är i närheten av gammal så.... tänk om. =)

    SvaraRadera