tisdag 25 september 2012

Gothenburg by day...

The Hubby and I are on a high speed train to Gothenburg.  If I had a smart phone I could have twittered you about it - or posted pictures straight into my Facebook account.  Instead I am being made fun of by the conductor on the train for having the oldest phone ever!!!  They have a great service here in Sweden where you can get the ticket codes SMS:ed to your cell phone and don't need a ticket.  Of course I used this service, but the conductor said with that old phone I can't even read the codes!

Then she said - and I quote - "Not even the 85 year old ladies that travel by train have such an old phone..."  Hahaha - I was asking her to convince my husband that I need a smart phone, but unfortunately I think that Danny takes pride in the fact that we don't conform to the masses (!!!)

With all that cleared out of the way we are now enjoying a beautiful, scenic ride down to Stockholm and then across the country to Gothenburg where we will pick up our car that we shipped here from the States.  We have about a 9 hour train ride there and about an 11 hour drive back up to our city.  We are hoping to be able to visit the 3 offices needed to retrieve the car before they close today, so we can start our trip back as soon as possible.  Gothenburg is a beautiful city and I would love to visit more when we have more time, but for now we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will only be a day trip...  The plan was to sleep on the train, but since we don't have a car we decided to walk to the train station at 5 am this morning.  With the brisk walk and cool air I am now fully awake...  Here are a couple of pictures from our morning walk in to the city of Östersund.


Have a beautiful day!

4 kommentarer:

  1. :) den var ju inte direkt ny.

    Men vilka fina bilder, helt underbart.

    Åhh så ni har shippat bilen till Sverige.

    Ha en bra dag

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hej!
    Kul att ni var här och besökte min fina stad!
    Men vilken resa oj oj.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Åååååhhh hemlängtan!!!!!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Kult! Våga vägra ajfån. Vilka projekt ni har på gång hela tiden. Hur trivs kidsen på Frösön? Och Danny? Kram på dig

    SvaraRadera