onsdag 4 juli 2012

Stand Up Paddleboarding in Jämtland


One of the best purchases we've done in a long time is to buy a couple of Stand Up Paddleboards!  We've only been out twice on the lake by my Mother's, but I absolutely LOVE it!!!  These are some pictures that my Mom took of us on her cell phone the other day.  We were coming back from a long paddle and the kids wanted to give it a try... 





On the bottom picture you see us as two little dots in the water.  I was standing on my board with Skyler sitting in front of me and Danny had the boys sitting in front of him.  The lake has about 300 islands and it is hard to describe how incredible it is gliding over the water, checking out islands and coves and sounds.  I wish I had a water proof camera... or even better - video camera! ;)  
The people in the village have never seen paddleboards before and I'm sure we are quite a sight with the kids with us.  Today we had a couple of kayakers sit and just stare at us and the other day I saw a man run in to his house and came out a second later with his binoculars.  :)

1 kommentar:

  1. vackra vackra jämtland! åh vad jag längtar efter och saknar dessa vyer......

    SvaraRadera