torsdag 30 augusti 2012

A reunited Family

A husband, a wife, three children and a dog - the family is complete again!!!
Actually we have been for a week now, but we haven't had any internet connection in our apartment and I haven't been able to tell you...  Now we have borrowed my Mom's wireless modem for a couple of days and are eagerly waiting for our internet to be hooked up.

On Thursday of last week I drove 6.5 hours to the airport in Stockholm to pick up my dear husband and two dogs.
5:30 am sunrise...
It was great seeing them again and the dogs had done really well with the flight over.

We hurried up and loaded the car and drove the 6.5 hours back.  I don't know who was more tired... Danny who had been flying all night or me who had slept 3 hours the night before and driven since 4:30 am!  We did make it home safe and sound to some kiddoes that were bursting with excitement to see their Daddy and dogs again.

... and a dog super-excited to see her "mommy" again after 7 months!!!

We are all doing well and enjoying and adjusting to life here in Sweden.  Skyler and Porter have had a great first week of school - which I will tell you all about later.

My Mom had another blood transfusion on Friday, which stabilized her blood count so she could receive her chemo on Monday.  All went well though she has her bouts of tiredness after her treatments.  Yesterday she went to see the eye doctor who determined that she has cataract (gråstarr) on both eyes - more than likely caused by all the cortisone that she has to take.  She has said that her eyesight has gotten much worse fast and the doctor showed that she only has 10% eyesight out of her right eye and 40% out of her left.  She is not allowed to drive her car anymore.  Other doctors have warned about the side effects of the cortisone and also said that as long as she's under treatment there's not much she can do to her eyes.  This eye doctor, however, feels like my Mom has enough to worry about and shouldn't have to be limited by her eyesight.  He said there is very little risk involved to significantly improve her sight and has agreed to do surgery on her eyes in about a month.  It makes me happy that he is thinking of her quality of life and I'm excited for my Mom to have something good to look forward to.  Until then - I'll be introducing myself as Private Chauffeur Erika!  Once again, this so enforces our choice to move to Sweden.  I don't even want to think about how things would be if we weren't here...

2 kommentarer:

  1. Säg bara till så ska jag göra allt jag kan för att hjälpa till. /Anders B

    SvaraRadera
  2. härliga bilder! älskar den på er i slalombacken, och på vovvan som träffar sin matte igen! men jag undrar vem som var lyckligast ;) trist med din mammas ögon och syn....
    Hoppas barnen gillar sin nya skola!

    SvaraRadera