lördag 18 augusti 2012

She works hard for the money...

I keep feeling like I haven't exercised the way I planned this summer.  But then again, when I look at our pictures I realize how much physical work we've been doing mostly every day!  I promise you - shoveling gravel and running a wheelbarrow up a hill a few times beats any casual jog around the neighborhood!




I am still looking forward to getting into a routine with my workouts again.  It's been a long time since I really pushed myself - I miss that.

I am glad to announce that we got an apartment on Frösön, the island where I spent most of my years growing up!  I am so excited that it all worked out and that we can get settled before the school starts for the kids.  So today, the kids and I have spent our day painting and fixing up furniture that we've had stored or found at auctions, while my Mom continued working on her house...


Skyler painted her own mirror that she bought at an auction for 30kr ($5).  It took a lot of restraint not to comment on her dripping paint, but she was so happy about doing it herself I had to take a deep breath and bite my tongue... ;)




2 kommentarer:

  1. Va underbart ni har det Erika! Och jag tranade inte heller en enda gang i Sverige men jag njot medan jag bar sten, gravde i tradgarden och klippte varan stora grasmatta (i uppforsbacke...:)) Jag ar stolt over dig som inte kommenterade pa Skylers paintjob. Sant ar jag sa dalig pa att halla tyst med...:) Kram till dig och din fina familj!

    SvaraRadera
  2. vad skönt att det löst sig med boende! lycka till nu med allt!

    SvaraRadera