onsdag 10 oktober 2012

Hurry up and wait...

Spent a couple of hours in the hospital with my Mom this morning.  The plan was for her to get her chemo treatments, but her blood levels have been all over the place again.  Yesterday she got another blood transfusion because of low blood counts.  Today all her levels were stabilized except for the bilirubin which had shot through the roof!  My Mom, once again, gets frustrated over postponed treatments and I get worried about what's causing the levels to go up...  Of course there's nothing she can do about it but wait for her body to take care of it.

I read a quote by Tolstoy today... The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
In my world that couldn't be more true!

Speaking of patience and time - the days are moving along as usual here.  I'm missing my partner in crime and after spending 1 1/2 h at Porter's gymnastics trying to keep the other two occupied, I can feel my fuse being very, very short by the end of the day.  Good thing is that tomorrow I can leave Skyler on her own at her gymnastics - because I don't think I could deal with two hours on a bench with the boys tomorrow...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar