tisdag 25 februari 2014

Running on ice... with the right equipment

It is such a beautiful day!!!  A little too warm for this time of year, since we still want our winter, but great conditions to be outside enjoying the day.
I just came back from a mid day run.  The roads are covered in ice and sleet and spikes are a necessity.

I use strap-on spikes which work pretty well, but I can see the advantage to actually having icebugs or other types of spiked shoes.

I had a really great run and actually was thinking as I ran, that I enjoy this just as much as running along the boardwalk in Huntington Beach!  Totally different experiences, but just as appreciated.  There I had the sun, the warmth, the ocean and fun people.  Here I have the fresh air, the beauty, the trails that lead through both neighborhoods and woods and the tranquility.  In HB I would get cheered on by people I met...  "You go girl!"... "Looking good!"...  Here I got stopped a couple of times by older gentlemen that were wondering what kind of spikes I wore that allowed me to run on the ice!  Hahaha!   :D

Now, time for my standard go-to lunch when I can't think of anything else to cook...

Scrambled eggs with spinach cooked in coconut oil - Why you ask?  BECAUSE - I say! (push link)
Black beans seasoned with turmeric - Why you ask?  BECAUSE - I say! (push link)
Served with Avocado, home made crackers and chili paste.
Yummy!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Nice winter weather :).
    I have turmeric in everything. You can use it for so many things. Can you get whole turmeric in Sweden?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I've never seen whole turmeric. Maybe at the health food stores? I buy it as a powder.

      Radera
    2. It look like ginger but yellow. if you can find an Indian store they may have it.
      here I have an store just around the corner. Turmeric is good for wounds,bruises, sprains, skin problems just to mention some of what u can use it for :)

      Radera
    3. Interesting... I'm going to have to look for it! :)

      Radera