torsdag 3 maj 2012

For my Husband Danny...

För första gången blir mitt inlägg på engelska...  Idag firar jag och Danny vår 13 åriga bröllopsdag - på olika sidor av Atlanten - men närmare än någonsin...



My Love, My Husband and My Very Best Friend,

Happy THIRTEEN years!!!  Haha - who would have known, thirteen years ago... dressed in jeans, hair in a pony tail and no wedding rings in that little office at the City Hall?!  Actually that day I had no doubts.  It may have been spontaneous but it had no less meaning...

As any couple we've had our ups and downs and thank goodness we both know the importance of a simple "I'm sorry"... ;)

I still find you extremely handsome and looking into your eyes just warms my heart, but even more so I love the person that you are... honest, caring and confident.

The last year sure has tested our vows. "For better or worse" has never been so tangible as in the fight my mother is going through and the need for me to be here in Sweden with her.  There was never a question in your mind that I had to leave for extended periods of time and for you to adjust your schedule in order to take care of the kids the best way.  There are no words that can express my gratitude for this and I feel like we have grown even closer in these emotional times.

I loved our time on Skype this morning and I must admit that I'm a bit jealous of the calm morning ritual you and the kids seem to have.  Why is it that I run around in circles trying to get everything done?!  ;)  Those kids are very lucky to have you - and by the way, so am I!!!

~ Älskar dig!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Sweet writings about your sweet hubbie! He is lucky to have you but I'm sure he knows that already:))) Happy Anniversary!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Åh! Nu måste jag gråta en skvätt tror jag:)
    Så fina ord!

    Kram Susanne

    SvaraRadera